Business professionals are consuming content in different ways, and it’s undeniable that podcasts have grown in popularity over the past few years. According to a recent study, new podcast listeners aged 18-54 have increased by 52% in 2018 compared to 2017.
For business owners like you, podcasts are a great way to learn, stay informed and be inspired. They provide easy access to daily industry news, one-on-one interviews, leadership tips and business success stories. But with so many options to choose from, how can you know which ones deserve your valuable time?
In this post, we will guide you through the top 5 podcasts for leaders who are focused on business growth.
HBR IdeaCast is well recognised as one of the best business podcasts, offering a weekly episode with leading thinkers in business and management. It is hosted by Alison Beard, Curt Nickisch and other members of the Harvard Business Review editorial staff.
- Topics: HBR IdeaCast features interviews with business professionals, industry leaders and Harvard professors – and covers a wide range of topics, from leadership, strategy and innovation, to managing yourself, career planning and achieving work-life balance.
- Episode Length: Around 20 minutes long, with supporting articles and longer pieces of content available on the Harvard Business Review website.
- Target audience: If you’re looking for an inspiring, educational and informative podcast, HBR IdeaCast is the best place to start. The podcast will not only help grow your business but also improve your professional and personal life.
- How: Apple iTunes or Google Podcasts.
With more than 8 million downloads, the EntreLeadership podcast offers free leadership advice from the world’s best experts. The podcast was created by Dave Ramsey, a best-selling author, speaker and radio host.
- Topics: The podcast aims to help business owners become better leaders with topics on leadership, business and personal growth, money, culture and communication.
- Episode Length: Between 30 mins to 1 hour
- Target audience: This podcast is based on the book EntreLeadership, which provides a business playbook for anyone looking to build and grow their business.
- How: Apple iTunes, Google Podcasts and Spotify.
Masters of Scale
Masters of Scale won the 2018 People’s Voice Webby for Best Business Podcast. It is also the first American media program to have a 50-50 gender balance for guests. Masters of Scale is hosted by Reid Hoffman, Co-founder of LinkedIn and Investor at Greylock. Reid also serves on the boards of Airbnb, Convoy, Edmodo and Microsoft.
- Topics: Each episode focuses on how companies grow from ‘zero to gazillion’. Reid interviews legendary leaders like as Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, Spotify’s Daniel Ek and AirBnB’s Brian Chesky – and shows how great entrepreneurs can grow and scale their businesses.
- Episode Length: 30 mins to 1 hour
- Target audience: There’s a lot to learn from the Masters of Scale podcast, and we would recommend it to any business owner looking to scale their companies and achieve exponential growth.
- How: Apple iTunes and Google Play Music.
Looking to innovate in your business? Inside LaunchStreet is your best option for an innovation focused podcast. Inside LaunchStreet is recognized as a top business podcast by Social Report, BlueLeadz and the Huffington Post. It is hosted by Tamara Ghandour, who describes herself as a dreamer, designer, builder and innovator.
- Topics: This podcast will help you to innovate and differentiate yourself and your business in a highly competitive world. Each episode features interviews with top innovators and provides you with innovation tips, hacks and insights.
- Episode Length: 30 to 45 mins
- Target audience: The weekly podcast discusses everything about innovation – and encourages listeners to get creative, get uncomfortable, stretch their boundaries, and to take the game to the next level.
- How: Apple iTunes and Stitcher Radio.
Shopify TGIM is an essential podcast for ambitious entrepreneurs. It inspires business owners to tap into their passion and creativity to build unique and incredible companies.
- Topics: The weekly podcast also features tips and advice from the world’s top entrepreneurs on how to manage and grow your business.
- Episode Length: 30 mins, but they also have ‘TGIM Shorts’ which are less than 10 minutes each.
- Target audience: Looking for inspiration in your business and life? Shopify TGIM has a lot to offer in helping you build the business of your dreams and live the life you’ve always imagined.
- How: Apple iTunes and on Stitcher.
There you have it, the top 5 podcasts to help manage and grow your business. You don’t need to invest a lot of time on podcasts. A few minutes each day, your smartphone or laptop and an internet connection – that’s all you need to gain valuable insights, tips and inspiration to take your business to the next level.
Podcasts are a fantastic example of changing behaviour in business. In the future, how else will your business have changed? Download the Workplace of the Future ebook today and find out.